EPWP Communications is guided by the Communication Task Team Report (COMTASK) of 1996/97 and revised in 2009/10.EPWP Communications recognises the following principles:
- citizens must be able to access information on opportunities and benefits created through EPWP Programmes;
- communication is necessary to ensure that government is responsive to the information needs of its citizens; and
- communication brings about a relationship of understanding and trust between the Programme and all its targeted audience.
EPWP Communications aims to:
- create an awareness about EPWP;
- promote visibility about the role and deliverables of EPWP;
- educate and inform the public;
- ensure informed media coverage;
- showcase the achievements of the programme and highlight the impact the Programme has on the poor and unemployed;
- showcase partnerships with the non-state sectors; and
- build a recognisable EPWP identity and brand.